- This event has passed.
World Wetlands Day
February 2 at 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
World Wetlands Day 2020
World Wetlands Day is celebrated every year on February 2. This day marks the date of the adoption of the Convention on Wetlands in 1971, in the Iranian city of Ramsar on the shores of the Caspian Sea.
Celebrate this very important day for Oak Hammock Marsh Interpretive Centre.
- Learn to play “Shuffle-Duck”
- Tour the marsh on a guided snowshoe walk to learn about the importance of wetlands around the world.
- Participate in special wetland demonstrations.
- Find out how wetlands work, how they are natural filters, and what makes them a perfect habitat for waterfowl and other wildlife.
- Visit our virtual wetland sandbox exhibit.
- Participate in the Wetland Wanderer challenge.
- Complete the wetland wanderer activity book and become an official Oak Hammock Marsh Wetland Wanderer.
February 2 is also Groundhog Day and this is the day where Manitobans find out when spring will finally arrive. Manitoba Merv’s Prediction at Sunrise – See how much longer winter will last with Manitoba Merv, the weather predicting groundhog.