- This event has passed.
February 22 at 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Saturday, repeating until February 29, 2020
Watercolour classes will be held starting January 11 through February 29 at the Gwen Fox Gallery
Every Satrurday morning for 8 weeks, from 9:30 to 12 noon.
Cost is $110.00 to be paid to the instructor at the first lesson.
Teacher is Garth Palanuk. Contact Garth at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Maximum number of students is 8, first come, first served.
Students should have an understanding of watercolour techniques such as hard edge, soft edge, wet on wet, wet on dry, lifting, gradated wash, variegated wash, masking, etc.
The colours we will be using are:
Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Umber, Cadmium Yellow, Hooker’s Green Dark, Intense Phthalo Blue, Permanent Rose, Cadmium Red, Ultramarine & Payne’s Grey, Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre.
- Watercolour paper – Arches bright white, 140#, cold press (very important)
- Masking tape (the brown 3M is best),
- 2 containers for water (sour cream plastic type),
- corrugated plastic backboards (the kind used to make signs or whatever works for you)
- HB pencil,
- kneaded eraser,
- old towel,
- roll of toilet paper,
- old plate for mixing,
- any brushes you might have.